12 Best Event WordPress Themes of 2021
Running an event is an exciting project, especially after so many events were canceled in 2020. But a successful event needs a lot of organization, promotion, and importantly, a stunning and informational website. We’ve put together this list of the best event WordPress themes of 2021 to help you to create a great web presence for your conference, trade show, seminar, or other event this year.
When choosing a theme, look carefully at the features it offers, as well as the reviews and ratings it has received. Make sure you select a theme that best suits the individual needs of your event and audience, not just a theme that looks good.
Luckily this event WordPress themes collection contains a wide assortment of themes boasting a range of features and functionality, enabling you to find the best fit for your event. So let’s get started…
How to Create Your Own Event Website
Creating a website to promote your up-and-coming events may seem like a daunting project. Don’t worry, it isn’t! Follow these easy steps to get you started on the right track…
1. Pick a Platform for Your Website (We Recommend WordPress)
WordPress is a popular content management system that is an ideal choice for creating any type of website. Let’s find out why you should choose this free software to help you build your event website…
- Easy to Use – WordPress is extremely beginner-friendly, and due to the numerous tools and features that it boasts, you won’t need to touch a line of code to create your website (unless you want to!)
- Complete Control Over Your Website – If you build a website with WordPress you have total control and ownership over your site. You can pick who you host your site with, use themes and plugins of your choice, and importantly, customize every aspect of your posts and pages to suit your exact design specifications.
- Tools and Documentation – The WordPress community exists on a global scale, and whatever your needs, you will find tools and documentation to help you succeed. From WordPress themes and plugins to an extensive network of blogs and support, WordPress will enable your event website journey every step of the way.
To clarify, when we discuss WordPress in this article we are referring to WordPress.org, not WordPress.com. For more information on WordPress.org, check out our article, What is WordPress? An Intro & WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org.
2. Choose a Hosting Provider
All WordPress websites need a reliable hosting provider to ensure they load quickly, don’t suffer from high levels of downtime, and offer their visitors a high-quality performance-related user experience. There are numerous hosting companies to choose from, but InMotion Hosting is the hosting provider that we recommend. Here’s why…
- Affordable Plans (prices start from $4.99 a month if you pay for 3 years)
- Feature Rich Plans – All plans provide a range of features including automated WordPress installation, WordPress transfer, SSL certificate, CDN, daily backups, staging, and much more (all features are plan-dependent).
- 24/7 Support and a 90 Day Money Back Guarantee (for all plans)
If you’re sold on InMotion Hosting, make sure to use our InMotion coupon to get a 56% discount off hosting plans. Or, if you’re not sure if this is the right WordPress host for your new event website you can read our guide to the best WordPress hosting providers for some other options.
3. Select a Domain Name
The next step of the setup process is selecting a domain name. Settling on the right domain name for a project can be tricky, so bear these tips in mind when making a decision…
- Make it Memorable – Your domain name needs to be easy for your visitors to remember. Try to keep your domain to a maximum of three words, and choose a phrase that is relevant to your event or business niche.
- Easy to Spell – Don’t be too clever by opting for words with alternative or difficult spellings. Again, make it easy for your visitors to find you.
- Use a Domain Generator – If you are struggling for ideas, use a domain generator to come up with names for you. NameQL is a popular domain name generator that uses AI to produce instant ideas for you to peruse.
Domain names can be purchased directly from InMotion, or any other hosting provider. However, it is worth noting that some domain registrars are cheaper than others. For a good deal, and a great selection of domain extensions, check out NameCheap.
4. Choose an Event WordPress Theme
Once you have picked a stand-out domain name, purchased a hosting package, and installed WordPress, you are now ready to create your website. Choosing a beautiful theme has never been easier with this collection of event WordPress themes. Let’s take a look…
Best Event WordPress Themes for 2021
Event, designed by the popular theme developers Themify, is a bold, attention-grabbing WordPress theme that was built for music, event, and entertainment sites.
Themify Builder, a drag-and-drop page builder is included with the theme. This will enable you to create an unlimited number of layouts to your exact specification, all without having to touch a line of code. You can easily add pre-styled content including text, images, videos, ads, and content forms with the click of a button.
This theme includes a custom event post type that includes a date and time picker, venue map, location, and a link to buy tickets. You can choose to display events as a full-width slider or various grid layouts.
⚙️ Here are some of Event’s best features:
- Easy demo import to instantly replicate the demo site
- Three Custom Post Types (Event, Gallery, and Video)
- Multiple gallery layouts
- Over 600+ Google Fonts
- Social Icons and share statistics displayed
- WooCommerce Integration so you can easily sell tickets or merch
- Eye-catching parallax scrolling and animation effects
- Customize everything easily with the Themify Builder and Customizer panel
- Compatible with Gutenberg
💵 Price: Starting at $59 (including one year of support and updates). Use our exclusive Themify Coupon to get 20% OFF.
2. The Gem
The Gem is a versatile and high-performance multi-purpose theme designed with creatives in mind. Perfect for any types of events website, it comes packed with features and demos, including over 400 layouts, as well as 250+ styles and design elements.
This theme is compatible with both Elementor and WPBakery visual page builders so you can easily create your own custom pages and edit designs without any need to touch the code. It also includes TheGem blocks plugin, which has a huge collection of pre-designed page templates to speed up your page building.
The Gem was built for speed and performance it’s been tested with pagespeed and yslow and designed for SEO. It’s also fully compatible with WooCommerce so you can easily set up a shop and sell tickets directly from your event website.
⚙️ Features include:
- Comes with 400+ pre-built demo sites including designs for a music event and corporate conference
- Mix and match any of the demo sites and pages to create your own unique designs
- Event countdown timer
- One-Click Demo Installs
- Premium Plugins (including the WP Bakery Page Builder, Slider Revolution, and Layer Slider)
- Unlimited Page Layouts (including 20+ gallery and portfolio layouts)
- Unlimited Fonts and Colors
- Eye-catching video backgrounds and parallax sections.
- Header and Footer Builder
- Compatible with Elementor
- WooCommerce Compatible
💵 Price: $59 from Themeforest (including all future updates and six month’s support from the theme developers CodexThemes).
EvenTalk is a WordPress theme created especially to promote events and conferences. It ships with 14 homepage layouts that are all available in one-page or multipage designs, as well as multiple ways to display conference schedules and event timetables.
This event WordPress theme is fully compatible with Elementor and Gutenberg for easy page building with content blocks and is fully customizable.
One of the best features of this theme is the schedule feature, which allows you to display your event schedule in a number of attractive layouts. There are also three different “team” layouts, which are ideal for showcasing your event speakers.
⚙️ So let’s check out some of EvenTalk’s other features:
- Multiple homepage and inner page designs and layouts
- One-Click Demo Installer
- Premium Layer Slider Plugin
- Event countdown timer
- Unlimited Color Combinations
- Modern schedule layouts
- WooCommerce Support
- Premium Support and Extensive Documentation
💵 Price: $39 (including lifetime updates and six month’s support from the theme developers RadiusTheme).
Oscillator from CSSIgniter is a WordPress theme created for event organizers, musicians, DJs, nightclubs, and anyone else in the entertainment industry. This theme includes stunning demo content and a one-click demo installer, enabling you to quickly create a website that will grab the attention of your target audience.
This unique theme features an embedded streaming audio player, beautifully styled upcoming tour dates, a media gallery, custom pages for artists and discography, and a shop page to sell tickets and digital media
⚙️ Other features include:
- Six Custom Post Types (including event, slider, and video options)
- Streaming Audio Player (create a live station on your site, or let visitors download music from your site’s tracklisting system)
- Drag-and-Drop Homepage
- Tour date page and widgets
- Embedded Instagram feed
- Optimized for speed and SEO
- Compatible with popular plugins
💵 Price: Starting at $39.20 (with one year of updates and support).
Webify is a multi-purpose theme that ships with a stylish and fully functional event demo. Its huge library of blocks and modules also enables you to easily customize your site, choosing from flexible layouts, custom gallery styles, lightbox, and much more.
The team behind Webify adds new demos every month so there are always new site designs to inspire you or use out of the box. The theme is also optimized for Elementor so it’s easy to create your own page layouts and mix and match elements from different designs.
Webify is fully compatible with WooCommerce and includes pre-designed shop and checkout pages so you can seamlessly sell tickets and merch for your event.
⚙️ Here are a few more features you get with Webify:
- Easy drag and drop customization
- One-Click Demo Importer
- Multiple Header and Footer Layouts
- Advanced Portfolio Layouts
- 200+ Shortcodes
- Showcase guest speakers
- Registration widget with countdown timer
- Eye-catching scroll effects and animations
- WooCommerce compatible
- Bundled with premium plugins including Slider Revolution, Ninja Popup, and Essential Grid Gallery
Price: $59 (including future updates and six month’s support).
Alone is another multi-purpose theme that is aimed at charities and fundraising events. Ideal for non-profit organizations, churches, NGOs, and other similar institutions, Alone boasts over 6 event-specific demos, and 30+ other demos to suit a range of charity site’s needs.
This theme includes the popular Visual Composer plugin, which is a fast and powerful drag-and-drop page builder for WordPress. You can use this to quickly and easily create your own designs and layouts.
⚙️ Let’s check out its other features:
- Premium plugins included (Visual Composer, Slider Revolution, Essential Grid)
- One-click installation with demo content
- 39 pre-built demo sites suitable for non-profit organizations
- 800+ Google Fonts
- Short Code Generator (and 80+ shortcodes)
- Built-in Mega Menu
- Sidebar widgets
- WooCommerce compatible with customizable shop and product pages
- Pop-up donations widget with multiple layouts
💵 Price: $59 (including lifetime updates and six month’s support from the theme developers BearsThemes).
Divi is a powerful multi-purpose theme packed full of extensive features and advanced functionality. Created by the popular theme developers Elegant Themes (our review), Divi’s key feature is the drag and drop Divi Builder, which will enable you to create a stunning website by selecting and customizing the modules and design elements that work for your event needs.
Divi comes with an extensive library of pre-built website packs and page layouts. They create new layouts all the time to keep up with the latest design trends. They even released a virtual conference website pack to meet the demand for virtual events in 2020 and 2021. You can also create your own designs from scratch or buy one of the many third-party Divi child themes for events.
When you join Elegant themes you also get access to their premium plugins – Bloom and Monarch. These plugins will help get more publicity for your event and engage with your attendees via social media and email marketing.
⚙️ Other Divi features include:
- 800+ Pre-Made Designs
- 100+ Full Website Packs (including 12 event layout packs)
- 40+ website modules for galleries, CTAs, sliders, forms, and more
- Advanced Code Editing
- Eye-catching animation effects and transitions
- Built-in Split Testing and Advanced Conversion Insights
- Premium Plugins (The Divi Builder, Bloom, and Monarch)
👉 See our full Divi Theme review.
💵 Price: Starting at $89 (including one year’s updates and premium 24/7 support). Don’t forget to use our Elegant Themes Coupon to get 20% off.
8. Show Pro
Show Pro is a premium event WordPress theme designed specifically for events and conferences. It comes with multiple starter designs suitable for all types of conferences, exhibitions, meetups, and other types of events.
These themes are bundled with the Conference plugin, which is a premium event plugin designed for managing big conferences and events. The plugin makes it easy to add event sessions, exhibitors, and exhibitors, and sell tickets via Eventbrite
⚙️ The main features of Show Pro include:
- 8 pre-built event website designs with professionally designed pages for schedule, speakers, ticket sales, and more.
- Integrates with Eventbrite, the world’s leading ticket sales platform
- Beautiful event schedule with filters to show events by date or category
- Dedicated speaker pages, which can be linked to event sessions
- Showcase your sponsors
- Multiple blog and page layouts
- Everything can be customized with the built-in WordPress customizer
💵 Price: $129 for all the Show Pro theme designs and the Conference plugin
Another built-for-purpose theme, Evently is a fully customizable conference and meetup theme. Packed with 9 attractive and attention-grabbing homepages, this WordPress theme will wow your audience.
This theme ships with the WPBakery drag-and-drop page builder so it’s easy to customize the different designs and layouts or you can easily create your own from scratch.
Evently’s layouts are specifically designed for events so you can showcase your conference schedule and guest speakers in attractive and eye-catching layouts. You can also easily embed maps, Twitter and Instagram widgets, and image galleries on any page
⚙️ Features include:
- WP Bakery Page Builder
- Pre-Made Layouts and Sections (including schedules and timetables, speaker profile listings, and pricing tables)
- Premium Plugins (Slider Revolution and Timetable Responsive Schedule)
- Mega Menu
- WooCommerce Support
- Social media icons and widgets for Instagram and Twitter
- Shortcodes for pricing tables, infographics, timetables, clients, and more
💵 Price: $69 (including lifetime updates and six month’s support from the theme developers Mikado-Themes).
Bridge is a popular multi-purpose theme that you can buy via ThemeForest. This impressive theme boasts 550 complete website demos suitable for all types of events as well as business sites, portfolios, online stores, blogs, and more.
Some of the dozens of event website demos that come with the theme include festival, music event, conference, and team-building event. If you can’t decide on one design, you can mix and match elements from multiple demos.
This theme is compatible with both Elementor and WPBakery so you can build your site and create custom page layouts easily with the visual page builder of your choice.
⚙️ Check out other features offered by Bridge:
- Demo import and video tutorials to get you started quickly
- Premium plugins included (WPBakery, LayerSlider, Slider Revolution, & Timetable Responsive Schedule)
- Modules to create magazine, directory, music, travel, and education sites
- Multiple portfolio and blog layouts
- Integrated search functionality
- Interactive animations
- Front-end login
- Compatible with WooCommerce
- Social media integration
- Extensive library of modules and design elements
- Professional support and extensive documentation
💵 Price: $59 (including lifetime updates and six month’s support from the theme developers QODE).
Another event WordPress theme from CSSIgnitor, Projektor is a versatile theme for events or conferences of any size. This built-for-purpose theme will help you manage schedules and list speakers and sponsors, as well as sell tickets through WooCommerce.
The theme includes multiple page layouts, filterable portfolios, and flexible header and footer layouts. Everything is customizable and you can use the Gutenberg block editor to easily create your own page layouts
⚙️ Other features include:
- One-click demo import
- Flexible header and footer layouts
- Custom page and post types for speakers, sessions, and sponsors
- Multiple layouts
- Easily create one-day or multi-day events with multiple speakers and sessions
- Compatible with Gutenberg block editor and popular page builders
- WooCommerce compatible so you can sell tickets directly from your site
💵 Price: Starting at $39.20 (with one year of updates and support)
Neve is a flexible multipurpose theme from the team at Themeisle that comes with a huge collection of starter sites including this design to showcase music and entertainment events. There are also starter sites suitable for a conference, market, wedding, and other types of events
This theme works like an event directory. You can add a star rating and time and location details to an event, sort events by category, and add a button to sell tickets directly.
⚙️ Features of this theme include:
- Compatible with Elementor and other popular page builders
- Includes premium elements for Elementor
- Optimized for Gutenberg
- AMP compatible and built for speed and SEO
- Custom header and footer
- Easy and fast to customize design elements
- Comes with over 80 pre-built starter sites
- Special WooCommerce features
💵 Price: From $59 including a year of support and updates from Themeisle
Final Thoughts on The Best Event WordPress Themes of 2021
Evidently this collection of event WordPress themes boasts a wide assortment of impressive options to choose from.
Once you have made your decision on which theme is right for your project, and have created your website, you will then need to turn your attention to promoting your event. Not ready to start building your event site? You might want to put up a coming soon page to build hype for your event.
Any questions on any of the event WordPress themes we have mentioned in this collection? If so, please ask away in the comments section below.