6 Best Landing Page Builders of 2021
If your main aims are to make sales or build a following online, your landing pages are probably the most important part of your digital presence. In this article, I’ll give an overview of some of the best landing page builders in 2021 to help you optimize conversions and get the most out of your marketing efforts.
As they say, it’s not what you’ve got but what you do with it that counts. It doesn’t matter if your ads on social media are sending you thousands of leads a day if you lose all of those leads on your landing page.
The average landing page conversion rate is less than 2.5% but the top 10% of landing pages convert at 11.45% or higher. Optimizing your landing pages and improving your conversion rate could make a huge difference to your revenue and overall success, all with exactly the same amount of traffic or ad clicks.
But building a good landing page is easier said than done. You could hire a conversion expert but not everyone has thousands put aside to pay an expert to build their landing pages.
Luckily, there is an alternative for businesses on a budget. These days, modern landing page builders make it easy for anyone to create an attractive, optimized landing page without code or design skills.
Which service should you choose? The landing page builders on this list offer a range of useful features and are suitable for every budget from free to businesses and agencies that are happy to invest a couple of hundred dollars a month or more.
Instapage is an advanced landing page builder that includes unique tools designed to help you build highly converting landing pages.
The average Instapage customer increases conversions by 400% when they switch to using the tool. Over 3 billion landing pages have been created using Instapage, so they certainly have the data on what works and what doesn’t.
While the industry average ad conversion rate is less than 4%, Instapage reports its average customer conversion rate is an impressive 16%.
Instapage is an easy-to-use drag and drop page builder with reusable blocks. You can build your landing page from scratch or customize one of the template layouts that are optimized for high conversions.
This is definitely a high-end tool aimed at major brands and agencies, and this is reflected in the price. If you’re a small business with a low marketing budget, Instapage might be a bit out of your price range.
However, if you’re generating valuable leads from your landing pages, it’s worth thinking about how much extra revenue quadrupling your conversions would earn you. For some businesses, the monthly price of Instapage is a drop in the ocean for the value it generates.
- Easy to use drag-and-drop editor with reusable blocks
- Landing page personalization based on ad or target audience
- A/B and multivariate testing and analytics to optimize pages
- AdMap visualization of ad campaigns
- Collaboration and workflow tools for teams
- Heatmaps to visualize user behavior
- Dynamic text replacement
- Automatic ad scoring calculated on the traffic sent from each ad
- Page speed optimization
- Comes with over 500 tried and tested layouts
- No conversion limits
- No limits on domains
Pricing: Plans start from $199 a month (if paid annually) for unlimited conversions and domains.
Landingi is an easy to use drag-and-drop landing page builder that comes with over 250 ready-built landing pages optimized for conversions.
As well as landing pages, you can also build pop-ups with Landingi and there are over 100 templates included for this too. You can embed these pop-ups anywhere you want on your site with a number of trigger options.
Landingi also includes a WordPress plugin so you can publish your landing pages from within WordPress.
Another unique feature is the campaign scheduler. Rather than simply running timers on your landing pages and disabling CTAs at a set time, you can actually pre-schedule your landing pages to publish and deactivate automatically at a date and time you set.
One plus point of Landingi for agencies or people who manage a lot of websites is that you can build landing pages for up to 10 domains on the basic package. You can also add an additional 10 domains for only an extra $15 a month. This makes it a lot more affordable than some other options for those who need to build landing pages for multiple websites.
If you already have landing pages built on another platform (or even designed as a PSD) it’s worth knowing that Landingi offers a custom import service for a one-off fee of $149.
- Drag and drop editor with reusable sections
- Includes 400+ professionally designed layouts
- Pop-up builder and templates
- WordPress plugin for easy integration into WordPress sites
- Integrates with your CRM and email marketing software
- A/B testing
- Built-in autoresponder
- Build funnels
- Schedule campaigns and publish and deactivate your landing pages automatically
- Smart sections, which allow you to edit a section used in multiple landing pages in one place.
- Build landing pages for up to 10 domains on the cheapest plan
Pricing: Plans start from $55 a month for the basic page builder on up to 10 domains with email marketing integrations. For extra features like A/B testing, funnels, and automation, you’ll need to opt for one of the more expensive plans from $79 a month.
Unbounce is another popular platform that currently over 15,000 brands worldwide use. They were one of the first tools designed specifically to create landing pages and are still one of the best options.
This drag-and-drop builder comes with over 100 pre-designed templates and has a wide range of customization options so you can design your landing pages to look exactly the way you want.
There’s a built-in A/B testing suite and smart AI-powered traffic funnel, which automatically sends each visitor to the page where they’re most likely to convert.
As well as landing pages, Unbounce includes tools for building popups and sticky bars with various triggers and dynamic text replacement. You can also schedule these to start and stop in sync with your campaign dates.
- Easy to use drag-and-drop builder that supports custom scripts and integrations
- Includes 100+ high-converting templates
- Clone pages and copy and paste elements between pages
- Supports AMP for pages that load up to 85% faster
- Mobile layout assistant
- WordPress plugin to publish landing pages, pop-ups, and sticky bars directly to your WordPress site
- Gated content
- A/B testing and real-time data dashboard
- Smart AI traffic routing
Pricing: Plans start from $80 a month for a single domain, which includes all the major features of the tool bar scheduling, A/B testing, smart traffic, and dynamic text replacement. Your conversions on the basic plan are also limited to 500 and you’ll need to upgrade to a more expensive plan once you hit this limit.
👉 Use our exclusive Unbounce Coupon to get 20% OFF
GetResponse is not only a landing page builder but also a full email marketing and marketing automation platform. This makes it an attractive option for those who want to avoid the extra expense and complication of using several different tools
The GetResponse drag-and-drop landing page builder makes it easy to create attractive and highly converting landing pages. There’s also a mobile viewer so you can make sure your pages are optimized for mobile.
Choose from dozens of pre-designed templates for opt-in pages, sales pages, video landing pages, webinar pages, and more. Basic templates are also included if you’d rather start from scratch with the design.
A/B testing is built-in to help you to optimize your conversions and you can easily create conversion funnels with multiple triggers.
- Drag and drop builder with dozens of free templates included
- A/B testing
- Built-in analytics
- Add pop-up forms
- Countdown timer to add a sense of urgency
- Pre-built conversion funnels linking your ads, landing pages, products, and upsell pages
- Create lead magnet funnels linked to your social media ads
- Includes full email marketing system with professional templates and autoresponders
- Marketing automation templates
- Live chat
Pricing: GetResponse is one of the most affordable options on this list, with basic plans starting from only $15 a month. This includes unlimited landing pages, autoresponders, lead funnels, and Facebook and Google Ads. However, once you’ve reached a list size of 1,000 subscribers you’ll need to upgrade your plan to the $49 a month option.
Stysteme.io is another all-in-one marketing platform, which includes tools for:
- Building websites and landing pages
- Funnel building
- Email marketing
- Building online courses and running membership sites
- Running affiliate programs
- Video hosting and running webinars
- Business automation
The Systeme sales funnel builder uses a simple wizard to walk you through the steps of building your landing page. You can choose templates for your squeeze page and thank you page, set up automation rules, A/B test and optimize your pages, and see your stats and sales from a single dashboard.
Systeme comes with dozens of squeeze pages suitable for different types of offers and industries. You can edit and customize these as you wish in a drag-and-drop builder or start from scratch with a blank design.
- Easy to use funnel builder with dozens of templates for squeeze pages and thank you pages
- Easily add automation rules and triggers to your landing pages
- Built-in A/B testing and stats
- Manage your list and email marketing campaigns from the same platform
- Multiple options for selling products and courses including bundles, coupons, and affiliate programs
- Marketing automation platform with visual workflow builder
- Unlimited file storage space
- Integrates with Stripe and PayPal for direct sales
Pricing: If you want to try out Systeme.io, you can sign up for a free account and explore all the different tools. The free plan has a limit of 1,000 subscribers but you’ll have access to all the features. Higher capacity plans start from $27 a month.
6. Thrive Architect
Thrive Architect is a visual drag-and-drop page builder for WordPress designed for building conversion-focused landing pages.
The builder comes with 290 beautiful WordPress landing pages built for speed and conversions that you can customize easily within the drag-and-drop editor.
The builder includes dozens of pre-built conversion elements including buttons, testimonials, countdown timers, and lead generation forms. Even sales page copy is included so you just need to fill in the blanks to customize it for your audience.
Thrive includes tools for building your list faster and integrates with all the major email marketing services. There’s also built-in A/B testing to optimize conversions.
Additionally, when you sign up for Thrive, you’ll get access to an entire suite of tools for WordPress including
- A full visual theme builder
- Thrive quiz builder
- Gamified comments
- Course builder
- Automatic testimonial collection and display
- Instant drag-and-drop visual editor
- Includes 290 landing page templates for product launches, webinars, and more
- Pre-built conversion elements and template sales copy
- Eye-catching hover effects and animated transitions
- Responsive mobile editing
- Includes full suite of marketing and engagement tools for WordPress
- Includes visual drag-and-drop WordPress theme builder
- Advanced list-building plugin with multiple pop-up and sticky banner options and opt-in form templates
- Built-in A/B testing
- Run evergreen campaigns with countdown timer
👉 Read more in our Thrive Architect review
Pricing: $19 for use on up to 25 websites for access to every Thrive tool including Thrive Architect and Thrive Theme builder
So which is the best landing page builder? It’s a difficult call as many of the top options offer very similar functionality.
If you’re on a budget and looking for an affordable all-in-one platform, it’s hard to fault Systeme.io. Plans are free for up to 1,000 contacts and the $27 a month startup plan supports 5,000 contacts and allows you to create up to 10 sales funnels.
GetResponse is another alternative for those who want an all-in-one marketing tool and don’t want to pay for separate services for landing page and email marketing. It can’t beat Systeme’s free plan in terms of price but it does have better landing page templates and hundreds of attractive email templates too.
Both these services offer landing page templates that look fantastic, with Instapage offering the widest selection of over 500 designs.
Agencies that who create landing pages for clients will need a service that doesn’t cost a fortune to run on many different domains. Instapage is the most expensive option on this list but as there are no limits on domains and conversions, it’s a favorite choice of large agencies.
For a cheaper alternative for freelancers and smaller agencies, look into Landingi. Landingi supports 10 domains on the cheapest plan and you can add an additional 10 domains for $15 a month.
If you want to build a highly converting WordPress site, Thrive includes one of the best landing page builder plugins as well as a whole visual theme builder optimized for conversions. Not sure if Thrive is for you? We’ve listed some alternatives in our roundup of the best WordPress landing page plugins.
Other services on this list have WordPress plugins but the actual page builders are on a separate platform. Plus, Thrive Suite includes many other marketing tools to help you grow your list and make sales.
Looking for drag-and-drop builders that you can use to build a whole website rather than just landing pages? Check out our list of the best visual website builders.
If you’ve tried out any of these landing page builders or have another suggestion to add to the list, I’d love to know your thoughts. Feel free to add your experiences in the comments.