Welcome to Design Bombs, the best resource for designers, developers, and anyone who works with WordPress.
First off, my name is Dev. I launched Design Bombs in 2015 to provide genuinely helpful content for folks like yourself so you can improve your skills in design and development, and to help you become more confident using WordPress, no matter your skill level.
The awesome thing about the web is that it provides a platform for anyone to share their story, product, or services freely. I know, because I launched my first online business at 15 and haven’t looked back!
My mission here at Design Bombs is to give YOU the resources you need to build a successful freelancing career or online business. Or, if you just want to have fun designing and developing cool sites, you can do that too.
If it’s your first time here, I’ve created this page with some of our very best resources to get you started. Here’s what you should do right now:
#1: Get to know our content
Design Bombs has been at home on the web for 5 years now, so as you can imagine we’ve built up hundreds of articles.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll find here:
- Coding – Want to learn to code? Or just want to freshen up your existing skills? This is where we publish tutorials and how-tos about coding.
- Design – Learn the ins and out of website design and get useful advice from pro designers to help you take your design skills to the next level.
- Inspiration – Not sure where to start with your design? Find inspiration and get your creative juices flowing with resources on everything from beautiful site roundups to typography, UI and mobile design.
- News – This is where you’ll find WordPress news and Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals (a page you’ll want to bookmark!).
- WP Plugins – Getting around WordPress is easy enough, but finding great plugins to add more functionality to your site can be challenging. Read reviews, comparisons, and learn about the best new plugins here.
- WP Themes – Looking for the perfect WordPress theme? Find the newest and most beautiful free and paid themes here (without feeling overwhelmed!).
#2: Read these posts
When it comes to publishing articles about design and development, our contributors’ passion drives the success of Design Bombs, which in turn helps you reach your goals. We only work with people who really know their craft and are enthusiastic about sharing what they’ve learned.
Design Bombs content is 100% free, and we are always looking for more ways to be helpful. Here are some of our most popular articles:
Thinking about starting a blog?: How to Start a Blog – The Definitive Guide for Beginners
Whether you want to blog for fun or blog for your business, everyone starts out with the exact same basics you’ll read about in this post.
Want to build a website? How To Make A Website – Step by Step Beginner’s Guide
Once you’re done with this ultimate guide, you’ll have your own WordPress site up and running in less than an hour. Yes, it’s that simple! We’ll take you step-by-step through the process.
Need web hosting? We’ve got you covered: Best WordPress Hosting – TOP 8 Options Compared – 2019
The hosting market has never been more competitive! A new generation of WordPress-focused companies has emerged, raising the bar considerably in terms of price and performance. We compare the top 8 hosts out there to help you decide the best host for your needs.
One your site’s up and running, you’ll want to get a few other importnat things in order:
- Design: How to Design with a Monochromatic Color Scheme
- Security: 14 Ways to Secure Your WordPress Site – Step by Step
- Marketing: 5 Best Email Marketing Services – A Detailed Comparison
- Advanced customization: WordPress Filters Cheat Sheet
If you’re interested in page builders and looking to try something other than WordPress, I highly recommend this article: Best Website Builder: Wix vs Squarespace vs Virb vs Weebly.
#3: Check out the glossary
Need help understanding responsive design? Not 100% sure what CSS is all about? You’ll find answers to your questions in our new Glossary.
We’ve put together the Glossary to help you better understand common terms and concepts in design, development, and WordPress. There’s no such thing as a dumb question, only helpful answers!
#4. Grab a deal
Do you like deals? Of course you do! I mean, who wants to pay full price for anything?
We’ve partnered with the best names in hosting, design, and WordPress to bring you 15-56% off loads of products and tools to help you build your next website.
Scroll through our Deals and grab a bargain!
#5. Get the newsletter
Can I be completely honest? I would love for you to join our newsletter. We send it out twice a month. It features our latest articles about design, development, and WordPress. Plus, we sometimes throw in deals and freebies. There’s no spam and it’s totally free.
While you’re at it, join our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. We share our latest articles and links to things we love. We have a community of over 3,000 amazing people on Facebook and 4,000 on Twitter we’d love you to be a part of it.
#6. Give yourself a high five
Starting out or freshening up your skills? You’re here, which means you’re ready to take your design and development to the next level.
Regardless of your background or skill level, Design Bombs is here to make you epic. Welcome aboard!