12 Best WordPress Themes for Charity & Non-Profits Organizations (2020)
Non-profit WordPress themes are themes built for charities and non-profit organizations. They often come with demo content made to look like a real charity site, which you can import and use right out of the box.
They also often come with PayPal and Stripe integration for donations and fundraising campaigns, and some were even made to be compatible with the Give plugin.
How To Get Started With WordPress
When making a website for a charity or a non-profit, you’ll want to make sure that you create a high-quality website while making the most of your budget. Here are a few tips to help you stick to your goals.
Before getting started, ensure that you use the free version of WordPress from WordPress.org website to build your website. Unlike using other SaaS website builders, WordPress lets you self-host and manage your website on your own terms without having to pay expensive monthly fees or abide by the rules set by a corporation.
The next step is to pick a solid web hosting provider to host your website. While there are many cheap web hosting providers out there, you should always put the performance and the security of your website first. Choose a reputable hosting platform that provides managed WordPress hosting with optimized servers.
If you’re not sure where to begin the website setup process, follow our step by step guide on how to make a website with WordPress. Or follow our how to start a blog guide to learn how to setup a WordPress blog.
The other important step in making a website is picking the right WordPress theme. Check out our handpicked collection for inspiration.
1 Divi 20% OFF Coupon
Divi is Elegant Themes’ most popular theme. It’s powered by the Divi Builder, a page builder plugin ET developed specifically for the Divi theme. This plugin gives anyone the power to build custom websites without ever touching a single line of code. You can even use the custom settings the theme adds to the live customizer to change the sizes and styles of such things as headers and your site’s width by dragging sliders.
This is a multi-purpose theme, meaning it can be used to build a variety of different websites, but it can most certainly be used to build websites for non-profit organizations. If you don’t want to build from scratch using the Divi Builder, you can use one of the many pre-made layouts that come with this theme.
- Lets you make unique designs of your own using its real-time visual page builder without any coding
- With more than 46 content blocks you can arrange different elements to easily design websites that fit any business or organization
- Setup your website instantly using its 20+ premade website templates
- Build unlimited websites without having to purchase additional licenses
- Use the built-in split-testing system for optimizing your website for conversions and lead generation
- Price: $89 per year
2 School 25% OFF Coupon
School is a school theme by MyThemeShop, but it can just as easily be used to build a website for a non-profit organization. Its main features include a custom slider you can use to showcase anything you want to raise awareness about, whether it be a fundraiser campaign or a successful event you just had.
It also supports non-profit organizations who want to blog by adding such custom post types as Gallery and Events. These custom post types enable you to publish custom blog posts that look different from other blog posts and are specifically designed to showcase pictures and events.
- Easily customizable design is suitable for all sorts of non-profit and educational organizations
- Unique events post type will let you create an events page for your website with testimonials
- Comes bundled with 15 useful widgets and a mega-menu
- Supports translations and Google fonts integration for adding multilingual support
- Narrated video tutorials will help you learn how to setup the theme without getting confused
- Ability to update the theme with one-click without having to re-upload the theme
- Price: $45
Purpose Theme is a business theme by Organic Themes that’s “designed to give meaning to your brand.” It can be customized using the live theme customizer, making it a great theme for inexperienced designers. It also supports Google Fonts so you won’t feel the need to stick with the theme’s default typography.
It’s also a multi-purpose theme and is compatible with such plugins as Gravity Forms and WooCommerce. Compatibility with the latter plugin gives non-profit organizations a way of raising funds by selling their own merchandise.
- Lets you customize the design using the native WordPress customizer to easily edit the design without having to use complicating options panels
- Includes a unique header navigation that resizes and change its appearance when scrolling down on a page
- Ability to change backgrounds and add multiple sidebars will help create a more advanced website
- Supports unlimited color options for creating your own color scheme for the website
- Price: $69 per year
NonProfit is a dedicated non-profit theme by Organic Themes. This theme features a Donation section beneath the header that lets your supporters send your organization donations without having to jump through hoops.
Beneath that are elements you can use to advertise your top pages and a portfolio that uses tabs to let you showcase your organization’s causes and best work.
- Easily customize the design using the built-in native WordPress customizer
- Supports WooCommerce plugin for setting up payment processing for accepting donations
- Includes creative slideshow page template for making an image slideshow or gallery page.
- Uses a lightweight framework that makes websites fully responsive across all devices and platforms
- Price: $69 per year
Grassroots is a dedicated non-profit organization theme by Organized Themes. This theme has customizable headers that can feature fullscreen images and videos. It’s also optimized for fundraising with support for WooCommerce and the ability to create fundraising campaigns that allow supporters to enter specified amounts or select preset amounts of your choosing when donating.
This theme is also easy to customize. You can add your own logo and customize colors for a variety of different elements while also being able to choose from over 120 Google Fonts. It also features a drag-and-drop builder for the homepage, allowing you to design your very own look without needing to know how to code.
- With full support for WooCommerce, you can create effective fundraising campaigns directly from the website
- Page designs feature hero section to showcase an image or a video of your choice
- You can easily customize the page layout using the drag and drop builder without typing a single line of code
- Includes sections for mentioning sponsors, featuring team members, and more
- Price: $57
Philanthropy is a dedicated non-profit theme by ThemeFuse. It comes with the Revolution Slider and LayerSlider premium slider plugins from the Envato Market. You have the option of installing demo content when you install this theme, which allows you to use the exact design you see in the demo and change a few elements to suit your organization’s brand.
It also comes with plenty of other styling options for you to configure, such as colors, page layouts, fonts with Google Fonts and menus, including a mega menu. It’s also powered by a drag-and-drop interface to make the building process that much easier.
- Unique donations system powered by Give plugin lets you accept donations and make fundraising campaigns more easily
- Features 3 different slider styles for making unique header sections for the homepage
- Includes a powerful visual page builder and an admin interface for customizing the design to your preference
- Comes with an events calendar, mega-menu, and WPML plugins support for adding translations
- Price: $49
Peña is a charity theme by Anariel Design. It comes with the premium Soliloquy Slider slider plugin that allows you to create beautiful sliders without using code.
You also have a number of different customization options to choose from, including custom page templates that give you a variety of different ways to create a unique page, the ability to edit your theme with a few simple clicks using the live theme customizer and widgetized areas.
This theme also has support for WooCommerce, making it possible for non-profit organizations to raise funds by selling products and merchandise.
- Includes full WooCommerce integration for setting up a shop for selling products to raise funds for your charity
- Easily accept donations while setting goals, causes, and multiple payment options with Give plugin integration
- Comes with a built-in system for collecting emails and growing your email list
- Easily customize the design using either Elementor, Beaver Builder, or SiteOrigin page builder plugins
- Access a collection of premium themes for a single price
- Price: $59
Maisha is another dedicated charity theme by Anariel Design. It’s very similar to Peña in many ways given the framework the developer uses, but it has its own design to give you a couple of different options when it comes to building a non-profit organization website with this developer.
This particular theme is a great option for non-profit organizations that want to use their sites to build online communities as the theme was designed with plugins like BuddyPress and bbPress in mind. These plugins make building social networks and forums as simple as can be.
- Easily customize the theme design using the native WordPress customizer
- Features 7 pre-made templates for making different kinds of charity and non-profit websites
- Translate website to different languages using POT file as well as Loco Translate, WPML, and Polylang plugins
- Supports WooCommerce and Give plugins for easily accepting donations and making fundraising campaigns
- Access a collection of premium themes for a single price
- Price: $59
Charitab is a WordPress theme specifically designed for making websites for charity and non-profit organizations. The theme comes with a beautifully designed donations system you can use to also create fundraising campaigns with multiple causes, goals, and payment options.
The theme also includes multiple inner-page layouts for making separate pages for showcasing events, volunteers, gallery pages, testimonials, as well as blog layouts and a shop layout for selling products online.
- Choose from 15 different premade homepage templates for making different types of non-profit websites
- Beginner-friendly theme options page lets you customize the design without a hassle
- Use Give or WPCharitable plugins to accept donations and setup effective fundraising campaigns
- Comes bundled with WPBakery page builder, Revolution Slider, Interactive World Maps plugins
- Price: $49
Charity Hub is a dedicated charity theme for non-profits by GoodLayers.
It’s designed for integration with PayPal to make receiving donations as simple as can be. It even comes with a custom post type called “causes” that works alongside the theme’s donation feature so you can blog about your organization’s latest cause and integrate a donation button as a call to action in the post.
It’s also a great theme for inexperienced developers as it comes with a page builder and the ability to insert demo content. It comes with an easy-to-use interface and the Value Layer Slider slider plugin on top of it all.
- Built-in PayPal donations system makes it easier to accept donations directly from your website
- Unique “Cause” post type allows you to create blog posts to promote different causes and raise funds
- Supports WooCommerce integration for setting up a shop and selling products to raise donations
- Easy to use back-end admin panel lets you edit the theme design without any coding
- Price: $59
HelpingHands is a dedicated fundraising theme by Skat Design. It comes with a built-in single and multiple donation campaign system that makes fundraising as simple as can be. It’s also simple to use as you can import 4 different demos, use the included premium Visual Composer page builder plugin to build pages using a drag-and-drop interface and use the theme’s multiple page templates.
Novice WordPress users and busy developers will enjoy using the theme’s advanced control panel, which enables them to make major changes to their websites without needing to use much code. This control panel lets you change your theme’s header image, colors, styles and even 404 page content with a few simple clicks, allowing you to develop your own unique design for your organization’s site.
- Lets you choose from 6 unique homepage templates for making a stylish non-profit website
- The theme design can be easily customized using WPBakery page builder plugin and the back-end admin interface
- Create effective fundraising campaigns with multiple donations options and PayPal payment processing
- Choose from boxed of full-width layouts and customize the design with unlimited color variations
- Setup a shop to sell products using WooCommerce
- Price: $59
Act is a multi-purpose theme for non-profit organizations by Klb Theme. The main feature of this theme is its built-in crowdfunding system, which makes it easy for non-profit organizations to raise money for their causes. It also has custom blog and page layouts for events, allowing you to create posts about events you’re planning using custom styles.
This theme is also easy to customize. You can import demo content with a simple click for starters, and it even comes with the premium Revolution Slider slider plugin that makes creating sliders as simple as can be. It also includes support for Google Fonts, support for shortcodes and the ability to choose from an unlimited number of colors.
- Includes powerful crowdfunding system for raising funds and donations for your charity directly from the website
- Supports WooCommerce integration with unique shop pages for selling products online
- Lets you customize the theme and homepage design using WPBakery page builder plugin without having to write or edit code
- Comes with .MO and .PO files as well as WPML plugin integration for adding translations in multiple languages
- Price: $44
Whether you’re making a website for a non-profit or a charity organization, make sure that you pick a theme that supports important features like eCommerce plugins for easily setting up donation systems.
Also, take advantage of useful WordPress plugins to take your website to the next level by adding more functions and features.