The very first navigation link on Flywheel asks this exact question. Why should you choose Flywheel for your WordPress hosting needs and what do they offer that’s different than your current hosting company?
With a long list of features and a plan to suit almost everyone, there is a pretty good chance that Flywheel can meet your needs. And hey, if you’re feeling a little unsure, we’ve secured a Flywheel hosting coupon (designbombsisfly) that will give you 2 months for free on any a 12-month plan plus you’ll be covered by their 30-day refund policy.
Let’s take a closer look and answer the all important question: Why Flywheel?
Flywheel has a ton a features built into their service, many of which are geared towards designers, developers and agencies. If your official job title fits one of those descriptions, some of Flywheel’s features will make you life much easier. But even if you’re just looking to host your own website, they have a plan to suit your needs. Let’s look at some of the key features:
- Managed Hosting means no more headaches. With servers that are configured especially for WordPress, your site will be blazingly fast. Plus, if you’ve ever spent time worrying about security, those days are over. Flywheel manages all that stuff and if your site is ever hacked, free malware removal is included. The icing on the cake is the fact that every night, your site will be backed up available as a restore point anytime in the future.
- Collaboration allows you to invite other people to work with you on a website. Each team member will have their own Flywheel account which means no more shared credentials. It also means you can manage all your sites from just one login – easy peasy, no?
- Easy Staging – Easy staging means you’ll be able to build out a site and test everything before it goes live. You can even select whether to move over just themes and plugins or the entire database.
- Easy SFTP – If you’re managing multiple sites, you know what a hassle it is to manage multiple SFTP logins. Flywheel lets you manage all your SFTP needs, for every website you’re collaborating, on from one simple login.
- Billing Transfer allows you to easily transfer billing to your client. So, once a site is completed and your client has paid their invoice, with just a few clicks you can push the site into their account.
- Demo Sites give you the ability to stage a site and allow your client to preview it before paying for hosting. Once everything is ready to go, simply set up billing, turn off password protection, and the site goes live.
- Globalization lets you decide where your site is hosted. With data centers in Asia, Europe, North America, you’ll have 7 options to choose from.
Plans & Pricing
Plans and Pricing are another area where Flywheel has a little of something for everyone plus they’ll even entertain custom plans. We’re going to cover 4 options for comparison sake. Like many other managed WordPress hosting plans, remember, you’ll need to host your email somewhere else like Google, or Rackspace Email.
With three set options and custom plans available, the Pay-Per-Site plans entitle you to a single WordPress installation. It’s also worth noting that the allowed number of monthly visits is a soft limit. If you consistently exceed your limit, Flywheel will reach out to talk to you about upgrading your plan. Service is never just cut off.
Tiny Plan – At $15/month this plan is a great way to get started. You’ll be entitled to 5000 monthly visits, 5BG of disk space & 250GB of bandwidth. Both SSL and CDN are available for an additional $10/month.
Professional Plan – is a single site plan at the other end of the price spectrum. At $75/month, your total monthly visits quota jumps to 100k with 20GB of disk space and 1TB of bandwidth. At this level, SSL, CDN, and Multisite are all included.
Bulk plans are designed more for freelancers and small agencies who are managing multiple client sites. Again, with bulk plans, there are customization options available when you outgrow the pre-made selections.
Freelance – This $100/month plan allows for up to 10 WordPress installs – perfect for a freelancer who is managing a small number of client websites. You’ll also have access to 150k visits, 40 GB of disk space and 2TB of bandwidth. SSL, CDN, and Multisite are all available for $10 each per month and site.
Agency – As the number of sites you’re managing grows you can move to the Agency plan at $250/month. This plan will see your limits bumped up to 30 WordPress installs, 600k monthly visits, 120GB of disk space and 8TB of bandwidth. The price for SSL, CDN, and Multisite drops to $8 each per month and site.
Flywheel managed WordPress hosting offers everything you’d expect from a managed host. With plans that suit every need, they make getting started easy with a quick 60-second signup process.
Flywheel offers standard support between 9 AM and 7 PM CST as well as 24/7 emergency support. It’s all backed up by their 30-day guarantee. Don’t forget to use our Flywheel hosting coupon, FlyDesignBombs to get 2 free months on any annual plan.