15 Best WooCommerce Plugins to Spike Sales with Design in Mind
WooCommerce is the top choice for building an eCommerce website using WordPress. This incredibly free plugin comes packed with lots of useful features. But, did you know that you can extend its functions using add-on plugins?
For example, you may want to bring in money with memberships or subscriptions. You might also require a way to bulk edit all of your products. There are so many great WooCommerce add-on plugins you can use to add such features and more to make your online store more effective.
The Best WooCommerce Plugins
We handpicked some of the best WooCommerce add-on plugins you should install on your website. Some of them are free and some are premium. Have a look.
The Subscriptio WooCommerce plugin sounds simple enough, but it packs an incredible number of tools into a clean interface. Subscriptio is one of the most popular WooCommerce plugins on CodeCanyon. It doesn’t take long to figure out why, considering you get a full system for selling subscriptions on WooCommerce packed into one plugin.
You can use this plugin to add subscription-based products or services to your online store or even other business websites for selling various products such as services and memberships.
- Features a fully automated process for onboarding new subscribers.
- Turn both simple and variable products into subscriptions.
- Set billing cycles and the length in which a subscription lasts.
- Sell both physical and digital products.
- Both customers and admins can open up subscription lists and manage the subscriptions.
- The plugin only supports Stripe and PayPal.
- Premium – $49
- Extra 12 months of support – $16.88
Customizing the products before buying is a nifty functionality that you normally see on sites like Amazon. Using this plugin, you can integrate it onto your WooCommerce site.
Let’s say you sell computers. You want to have customers decide which type of operating system or software they would like included with their computer. The plugin opens up all sorts of custom product options, meaning you’re not limited to defaults.
- The plugin comes with a form builder, expediting the process quite a bit.
- The price fields and product options can be implemented globally or per product.
- Show prices for each product option.
- Choose from radio buttons, checkboxes, upload buttons, date ranges and more.
- The user interface is not very beginner friendly.
- Most styling must be done with custom coding.
- Premium – $19
If you’re building an affiliate product store with WooCommerce, this is a plugin you must have. The standard practice of finding the best products on Amazon becomes quickly tedious. Therefore, the WooCommerce Amazon Affiliates plugin gives you a more streamlined dashboard.
Using this plugin, you’ll be able to easily import products from Amazon onto your WooCommerce system with all product images, descriptions, reviews, and more.
- Import and manage Amazon products more easily.
- Only available products show up for customers.
- The plugin taps into the Amazon CDN for faster image and product information loading.
- View and search products, then instantly place them into your store.
- The dashboard is beginner-friendly but has a slight learning curve
- Premium – $42
The WooCommerce Currency Switcher is all about expanding the reach of your online store. When someone comes to your shop they can switch the currency to see prices in their own country’s currency.
For example, if I’m searching an American site while sitting in Germany, I could decide to change all of the prices to the Euro. It’s a must-have feature for international websites and stores.
- The plugin has shortcodes for adding the feature anywhere on your site.
- A few widgets are included for currency switching and converting.
- You have the option to automatically switch the user’s currency based on IP address.
- The plugin is compatible with the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension.
- The only payment gateways supported are Stripe and PayPal.
- Free (limited)
- Premium – $27
Whether you’d like customers to design their own mugs or t-shirts, the Fancy Product Designer plugin is by far the best option for allowing that to happen. There’s no reason to get a custom coder, since you only need to embed this on your website and choose the types of products being offered.
- The designer supports saving, downloading, printing and previewing.
- Users can design anything from shoes to shirts and calendars to wine labels.
- The designer supports many media uploads, multiple colors, fancy texts, and beautiful image transformations.
- The plugin might affect your website performance and loading times
- Premium – $49
Many WooCommerce themes already offer this functionality, but the WooCommerce Menu Cart plugin is still a valuable tool for those converting regular WordPress themes into full online stores.
- A shopping cart icon is automatically displayed in your menu bar.
- Several icons are provided, along with custom CSS for designing your own.
- A shortcode is given to place the cart icon anywhere on your website.
- You won’t need this if your theme already has it.
- The free version gets the job done but the customization options are abysmal compared to the pro solution.
- Premium version – Starting at $19.95
Have you ever wanted to make edits to hundreds of thousands of products at one time? That’s what the WooCommerce Advanced Bulk Edit plugin does for you. The plugin offers searchable, editable and filterable fields, all of which come in handy for quick edits.
- Filtering can be done with anything from SKUs to attributes and titles to stock quantities.
- Change pricing by value or percent.
- Adjust or replace text fields by bulk.
- Generate product variations to multiple products.
- The spreadsheet-style editing looks intimidating for the average user.
- Premium – $23
Here’s one of our favorite WooCommerce plugins because of its simplicity and ability to boost your revenues. The plugin handles bookings for companies and individuals like car mechanics, event managers, doctors, lawyers and more.
- It handles both time and date-based bookings.
- The plugin works for rentals as well.
- Create booking slots.
- Manage each of your bookings on the backend.
- Allow for multi-person bookings.
- You can’t do recurring bookings.
- Customers can’t modify their bookings without contacting the admin.
- One site – $249
- Five sites – $299
- 25 sites – $449
This plugin allows you to setup an easier method for customers to avoid the shopping cart and jump straight to the checkout page. It works somewhat similar to the one-click checkout button on Amazon, except the user needs to actually go through the checkout.
- The direct checkout button can be disabled for some products.
- You can have a Continue Shopping button on product pages, just in case people don’t want to checkout immediately.
- You can instantly add a redirect to any product page.
- The premium version lacks better features
- Premium – $29
WooCommerce supports dozens of payment gateways, but Stripe is unique in that it provides its very own WooCommerce plugin. This makes it far easier to manage on the backend, as opposed to working with multiple dashboards and trying to figure out what information you need to pull from the gateway and place in WordPress.
- Stripe supports payments from over 25 countries.
- It lets you to accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners Club cards and even Bitcoin.
- The plugin combines with the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension for recurring payments.
- Stripe is only available in limited regions. Be sure to check for availability before installing the add-on.
Several advanced shipping plugins are available online, but none of them have the power like WooCommerce Advanced Shipping. The main benefit of this plugin is how it breaks down shipping into various conditions, so if you’d like to charge based on weight or zipcode, go for it.
- Create as many shipping conditions as you want for a product.
- The conditions are not preset, so you can customize them however you want.
- Ship based on volume, locations, size, stock and many more options.
- The plugin offers conditional logic which is surprisingly easy to setup.
- The pricing is just right.
- Lacks certain shipping conditions
- The design looks outdated
- User interface can be difficult for beginners to understand
- Premium license – $18
If you’re building a professional online store or an eCommerce platform with advanced user registration, coupons, shipping, and payment processing then you’ll definitely need a multi-step checkout system to gather all these information from your customers with an easy step by step process.
The WooCommerce multistep checkout wizard is a simple and easy to use plugin that will allow you to setup a user-friendly checkout system on your store with multiple steps that gather information from users without frustrating them with long forms and checklists.
- Lets you create a custom multi-step checkout system with a responsive design
- Choose from multiple checkout layouts and designs
- Includes form validation for each step in the checkout
- Compatible with WPML for adding translations
- Beginner-friendly setup process
- Most suitable for larger online shops and retail stores
- Premium – $19
Online stores usually have to serve a large international audience. This means you have to setup more flexible shipping options that serve all types of audiences around the world. WooCommerce table rate shipping is a plugin that will help solve that problem.
This plugin allows you to setup multiple shipping options with various pricing and conditions. For example, you can use the plugin to setup an advanced shipping rate calculator that offers shipping prices based on the weight of items or even offer more convenient options like overnight shipping.
- Offer more flexible shipping options to customers
- Setup multiple shipping options customized for different types of products
- Let users choose the right shipping options for them
- Includes multilingual support for offering translations
- Better design and more shipping conditions to choose from
- The setup process involves a little bit work
- Premium – $25
Gathering the email addresses of your customers is important, not just to grow your email list for promotions and upselling but also to build your customer base and reach out to them with future product updates.
WooChimp is a very useful plugin that allows you to setup a system to let customers subscribe to your email list at checkout. The plugin connects with MailChimp to directly store the emails and order data in your email list as well.
- The system allows you to automatically subscribe customers to your email list
- Or let users opt-in for your email newsletters
- Use tags to create more detailed customer profiles in MailChimp
- Capture and store customer behavior data to send targetted email campaigns
- The plugin is only compatible with MailChimp
- Premium – $39
Most users who come to your online store will usually add some items to their shopping cart and leave the site. Then they completely forget about the items they had in the cart. Shopping cart abandonment is a serious problem almost all eCommerce businesses have. This plugin solves that problem quite easily.
WooCommerce recover abandoned cart is a simple yet useful plugin that allows you to setup a system that tracks abandoned carts in your store and send email notifications to users to bring them back to the store.
- Allows you to monitor all abandoned shopping carts from users and guests
- Use email templates to send email notifications automatically with a link to the abandoned cart
- Send follow up emails with a coupon code
- Supports WPML plugin for adding translations
- May not be compatible with all product types
- The setup process can be difficult for beginners
- Premium – $49
With such a powerful plugin like WooCommerce comes an onslaught of extensions. It may seem intimidating when trying to figure out all the tools you need to make the perfect online store, but we encourage you to start with this list of the best WooCommerce plugins, then narrow down your search from there.